all about us

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Some of my favorite movies(:

Hello my Tuesday readers. :)
I hope everyone is enjoying this fall morning {or evening, depends on when you're reading this}.


Courageous
As the police force of Albany, Georgia, attempts to stop drug smuggling in the city, the sheriff urges his deputies to spend time with their families based on statistics that fatherless children are several times more likely than those with fathers to turn to lives of crime. Among his deputies are Adam Mitchell (Alex Kendrick), Nathan Hayes (Ken Bevel), Shane Fuller (Kevin Downes), and rookie David Thomson (Ben Davies). Mitchell adores his young daughter, but is distanced from his teenage son. Hayes never knew his biological father but would risk his life to save his children; however, his teenage daughter Jade (Taylor Hutcherson), resents him because of the strict rules that he has set for her dating life. Fuller is divorced, as were his parents before him, and must share joint custody of his son. The group also befriends Javier Martinez (Robert Amaya), an immigrant struggling to provide for his family, and Mitchell arranges a job for him.

The movies will make you sad, happy, cry, and laugh.
It's an amazing, and I definitely recommend you watch it. :)




The Hunger GamesThe nation of Panem, formed from a post-apocalyptic North America, consists of a wealthy Capitol and twelve poorer surrounding districts. As a punishment for a previous rebellion, one boy and one girl between the ages of 12 and 18 from each district are selected by lottery (the "Reaping") to participate in the annual Hunger Games. The participants (or "tributes") must fight to the death in an arena; the sole survivor is rewarded with fame and wealth. In her very first Reaping, 12-year-old Primrose Everdeen is selected from District 12. Her older sister Katniss volunteers to take her place.
I read the book{s} and when I heard they were making the first book into a movie, I had to see it.
I know some of you don't particularly like The Hunger Games, but I had to put it up here as one of my favorite movies. :)



The Incredibles
"Supers"—humans gifted with superpowers—were once seen as heroes, but collateral damage from their various good deeds led the government to create a "Supers Relocation Program", forcing the Supers to fit in among the civilians and not use their superpowers. Bob and Helen Parr, who are Supers, have married and now have three children, Violet, Dash, and Jack-Jack, in the suburbs of Metroville. Violet and Dash have innate superpowers, but the toddler Jack-Jack has yet to show any. Bob, stuck in a white-collar job at an insurance agency, reminisces of his former days as Mr. Incredible, and sneaks out on Wednesday nights with his Super friend, Lucius Best (a.k.a. Frozone), to fight street crime.

This movie came out in 2004, and I still love it!!
Me and my family could probably recite the whole movie for you. (;
Thanks for reading!!

3 comments:

  1. Cool! Oh, yeah, I also know the Incredibles by heart ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Hunger Games and the Incredibles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely, positively L-O-V-E The Hunger Games!!! I also used to watch the Incredibles when I was little. Whenever I babysit, I always ask if they wanna watch it. :D

    ReplyDelete