all about us

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sorry for not posting//Books

Hi guys! 
Sorry I didn't post last week! :P
I was super busy that day.

Anyway...last weeks theme was Books but,
since I didn't get to post last week, I'll post about my fave books today. :D

The Hunger Games Trilogy.
I am a HUGE fan of these books. 
(that's an understatement;)

Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When Katniss' sister is reaped, Katniss steps up to go in her place.


This was one of my favorite books a few years back.
It's an adorable story!



Jenny hates pretending to be a mouse, but that's exactly what she has to do for her school project.  Every fourth grader is writing letters to a second grader--in mouse character.  Most of her classmates think it's fun, but Jenny can't think of much to say.  When she fails to get an answer from her second grader, Sameera, Jenny is embarrassed and angry.
Soon Jenny discovers the reason behind Sameera's silence: she doesn't speak English.  At first Jenny is mad that her project is a flop.  But later she sees how hard it is for Sameera in her new country.  Will Jenny decide to use her project to help the new girl fit in?  Or will she trade her in for another second grader?

This was one of my all time favorite books when I was younger. :D
One of the first pages states, "Take it SLOWLY this book is DANGEROUS!"
When me and my older sister read this,
we would try to read it as fast as we could without messing up. That was hard. ;)
Just read below and you'll see why...

See what I mean?? ;)
I DARE you to read that out loud, FAST.
If you did, comment 'Fox'! ;)

Well, that was just a few samples of what I like to read. :)

Thanks for reading today, and remember...

“When beetles fight these battles in a bottle with their paddles 
and the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles...
...they call this a muddle puddle tweetle poodle beetle noodle 
bottle paddle battle.” 
― Dr. SeussFox in Socks



6 comments:

  1. Cool, Rose! :) "Dear Whiskers" seems really good! I am not really a fan of Hunger Games, but that is just my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fine. HUnger Games isn't for everyone. ;)

      Delete
  2. Cool! :) I love the Hunger Games. I can't wait to see the movies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I love Dr. Seuss books! The Dear Whiskers book does like like a cute story. I'm not a fan of the Hunger Games really though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fox! Ha ha, I almost messed up! And I love The Hunger Games, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Thanks for doing that. :)

      I <3 The Hunger Games! ;)

      Delete