Joe
I marched through the woods, my feet stepping on every possible twig or leaf. I was making an absolute racket. But, at the moment, I could care less about how loud I was. I was too confused and utterly annoyed to care.
Why did Emma have to be so infuriating sometimes? And how dare she say those things about me? They weren't true.
Well, I take that back. I admit, I had been following her around all summer. But we were friends, so why shouldn't I? I liked hanging out with her. She was funny and adventurous and beautiful. She understood me and didn't care that I was lonely and introverted. I thought she felt the same way.
I guess I was wrong.
Every summer, I looked forward to Emma and her family coming up to stay at their lakeside home. For three whole months I could spend my days swimming, talking, canoeing, hiking, and having picnics with Emma. She made summer fun, and during the rest of the months of the year while I was in school - and failing it - she was all I could think about. What would I do without Emma? There would be no summer, no freedom. There would only be what Dad said I could and could not do and that involved work. Lots of work. And I couldn't let that happen. I would not be robbed of my happiness. I was going to find a way to make Emma stay.
Only I had no idea how to start.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Have a great day! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment