all about us

Thursday, February 6, 2014

she was back.

Tree, Raven and Snow
photo via pinterest.
 
every year she came. she would sit there in the tree, jerking her head left and right, as though waiting for a predator. and when no one came, she would flutter about, searching for food.
it is the coldest winter montana was experiencing. the calendar says today is december 21. i go outside.
she isn't there.
i sit by my window coffee in my hand, and wait. slowly, slowly, a black shadow appears.
she is back.
cold and frail, but back.


~
p.s. i adore this signature. :)

4 comments:

  1. You should know that the moment I read this, my brain said quite obviously: "Jessie's post." Of course. :) And your words remind me of a chilly, winter gloaming; nostalgia + poignant. <3 Bless you, darling. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love writing and reading short stories from pictures ^_^
    Wonderful post, wonderful photo =)
    More?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that signature too!

    ReplyDelete