
Hey y'all. :)
So... You know cotton candy? Or fairy floss? The "carnival candy"?
Well... I don't even know why I just posted that. OF COURSE you know about it.
So anyhow, I decided to do a post devoted to it because...
*drumroll*
I'm doing a speech about it and found many interesting facts.
^ I know. It was such a dramatic reason. The drumroll was very necessary. :)
Anyways, I'll just get started on the facts.
1. Even though cotton candy usually comes in HUUGE bundles, it only takes a small quantity of sugar to make a huge bundle of it.
2. In French, it's name is "barbe de papa."
3. The first time spun sugar was sold, it was sold for 25 cents for one box.
4. 25 cents back then was equivalent to 6$ right now.
5. Cotton candy was invented by a dentist. (I know, so irony. >.<)
6. It was firstly introduced as fairy floss, but Thomas Patton introduced it another time as cotton candy, so the name fairy floss faded away.
7. Cotton candy is still called fairy floss in Australia. But in Australia only.
8. At the time when spun sugar was first invented, it was a hard labor work because there weren't any machines to help make it. (Nowadays, it's just like "la dee da dee da, spin spin spin...")
9. It's sold mainly at carnivals or fairs because the first time it was introduced to the public, they sold it at a carnival. And trust me, it was a big hit. So it stayed as some kind of tradition-ish thing.
10. The first cotton candy machine was made in 1972.
So... that's ten facts about cotton candy. I know, you'd be fine without knowing that, but.... I just couldn't help my nerdy side, okay?! o.O
Um... So... Tell me watcha thought about that! :)
1. Even though cotton candy usually comes in HUUGE bundles, it only takes a small quantity of sugar to make a huge bundle of it.
2. In French, it's name is "barbe de papa."
3. The first time spun sugar was sold, it was sold for 25 cents for one box.
4. 25 cents back then was equivalent to 6$ right now.
5. Cotton candy was invented by a dentist. (I know, so irony. >.<)
6. It was firstly introduced as fairy floss, but Thomas Patton introduced it another time as cotton candy, so the name fairy floss faded away.
7. Cotton candy is still called fairy floss in Australia. But in Australia only.
8. At the time when spun sugar was first invented, it was a hard labor work because there weren't any machines to help make it. (Nowadays, it's just like "la dee da dee da, spin spin spin...")
9. It's sold mainly at carnivals or fairs because the first time it was introduced to the public, they sold it at a carnival. And trust me, it was a big hit. So it stayed as some kind of tradition-ish thing.
10. The first cotton candy machine was made in 1972.
So... that's ten facts about cotton candy. I know, you'd be fine without knowing that, but.... I just couldn't help my nerdy side, okay?! o.O
Um... So... Tell me watcha thought about that! :)

^ I just love this new signature thingie.
Cool!
ReplyDeleteSo Awesome! Nice post... :)
ReplyDeleteGrace xxx
Ooh! I've always had a thing for cotton candy. It fascinates me. The facts were fun to read!
ReplyDelete=D
Haha, these are awesome! :D I love cotton candy!
ReplyDelete